Dash Robotics

My Account

The Swarm Rises

Hi everyone! As we mentioned in our last post, we're working on a pilot run to test out any problems in manufacturing, with the goal of having 50 functional robots all at once - about 46 more than have ever existed simultaneously! We had a really exciting weekend, almost building the full 50 robots in a day. We learned a lot, and we're really excited about how far we've come. We used to scramble for every single prototype, so the ability to bring up almost 50 all at once is a big leap forward. We should have our electronics from our manufacturer soon which is just as exciting. There are definitely still parts of the robot and the manufacturing process that need work, but we're well on our way.

I do have to warn you though, at one point they tried to escape:

Ok, maybe not. But I should show you how we got to that point. The story starts with some prep work beforehand. One of the early steps was to 3D print the transmission housings:

And another step was to order the motors:

But once we had the supplies, it was time to get started.

We had some awesome helpers for this! Some who were more experienced than others.

Every part of the robot had to come together, including the chassis, powertrain, and batteries. 

 

 

 The electronics will come this week.

All in all, the stack grew pretty quickly. 

Mounting created Bloggif

 Of course, you want only the best fuel to power robot construction, which is why we choose pizza.

All in all, not a bad day's work.

Thanks for reading! Check back next week for more updates on the electronics and other progress.

 

 

 

 

Leave a comment